This is week 17.
- 17 is the 7th prime number.
- 17 is also the sum of the first 4 prime numbers.
- It’s the atomic number for chlorine.
- The B-17 also known as the Flying Fortress is one of my favorite airplanes.
- In Italy, the number 17 is bad luck and there is no seat/row 17 on Alitalia Airlines.
- There are 17 syllables in a haiku (5+7+5)
- It is week 17 of my sweet twin sister traveling existence without pain or illness or lack of air. And as of today, it is exactly 4 months since her passing.
I tried posting yesterday however my internet has been malfunctioning all week. Finally got ahold of the internet provider and got it fixed. So I’m back.
My husband told me a story yesterday. He said a co-worker came to him who stated he had just learned a friend of his was a twin. That this man confided he was a twin and had lost his brother at a very early age. The age of six. And that he absolutely hated his birthday. The reason was not what I thought. It was because, since his brother passed away, for many years on his birthday his mother would take him to visit the cemetery and his brother’s grave.
Now, I understand people deal with grief in different ways and perhaps this was his mother or father’s way of coping, but this poor young man…to lose someone in the first place is such a deep difficult thing, but for it to be your twin and for you to be only six years old and unable to really comprehend the range of emotions and loss you feel, this situation made my jaw drop. And my motherly indignation rear it’s not inconsiderable head.
I don’t know enough about him to know how he has dealt with it all these years but from the brief excerpt I received, to make a child go through such a thing and especially on his birthday was horrible. I always try to understand others perspective…but this one was too hard. My husband is going to give his friend the contact information for Twinless Twins, to pass to this twinless twin, in the event he could benefit from this group. All I can say is…unbelievable.